Questions and going deeper resources
Connect How can you be more aware of—and participate in—how God is at work on one of your frontlines?
- What would the church be without Jesus? Why is Jesus essential in evangelism, growth as a disciple, and growth in generosity?
Read Acts 11:19-21
- What had caused the early disciples to disperse from Jerusalem? What was the fruit of this?
- To which people groups did the word spread to? What was the good news about?
- What was the result of the actions of these unnamed disciples? Why were they so successful?
- How is Jesus the object, subject, source, and goal of mission? Who is called to do the work of spreading the Gospel?
- How do you feel about telling people about Jesus? What can give us confidence as we go out onto our frontlines?
Read Acts 11:22-30
- Who was Barnabus and what has he done previously in Acts? (See 4:36-37; 9:26-27)
- How is Barnabus described in these verses? What does this tell us about his character?
- What did he attribute the growth of the church to? What were the next steps for the new believers?
- What could it look like for us to remain true to the Lord with all our hearts? What are some patterns or habits that could help us do this?
- Why did Barnabus go to bring Saul in to help? What did they do? How is this unremarkably remarkable? How can we grow in our relationship with Jesus?
- Why were the disciples called Christians? How could they have acted to earn this title?
- What does it mean to you to have the name of Christ? How should this shape how we act and live?
- How did the disciples react to the news of the need of the church in Judea? Why?
- What should shape how we use our resources and what we have? What are we called to be generous in response to? Do you find this easy or hard?
Apply What habits could you continue, begin, shape, or stop to help you go deeper with Jesus in 2023?
On Your Frontline This Week: Begin the year by committing all your frontlines to God in prayer.
Listen, Watch, and Read:
- Series Overview (PDF & Audiobook)
- WATCH: “Bible Project: Acts”
- LISTEN: “Lecture: The Book of Acts” by John Stott
- READ: “Acts for Everyone” by Tom Wright
- READ: “Acts: A Visual Guide” by Kevin DeYoung”
- READ: “Acts: A Commentary” by Bruce Milne
- READ: “Acts: A Devotional Commentary for Study and Preaching” by Loveday Alexander